Ukraine Crisis Response
In cooperation with our family of churches in New Ground, we are involved in a Ukraine Relief Project and are connected with a local church that is hosting refugees and distributing goods to areas in Ukraine. We will be continuing to help those affected by this crisis in the coming months.
As Christians, we are called to love and care for those in need. There are three ways you can get involved:
Join us in prayer:
1. Pray for the safety of those impacted by the war.
2. Pray for those who are sad from loss.
3. Pray that the people of Ukraine would not lose faith but maintain hope.
4. Pray for peace between these countries.
We meet online on weekday mornings from 08:00-08:30 (Zoom link in newsletter).
We also meet at the Nieuwe Kerk on Wednesday evenings at 20:00.
Please also keep praying about this throughout the week.
2. GIVE GOODS
Together with other New Ground/New Frontiers churches, we will continue to organise convoys of vehicles over the coming months to transport goods to a church in Poland who will facilitate their transport to projects organised by New Frontiers churches in Ukraine.
Please see the list below for the goods that are needed and please do not bring any other product than what is listed below.
3. GIVE FINANCIALLY
We have set up a ‘Ukraine Crisis Support Fund’ and you can donate to this via the normal Redeemer bank account (use the word “Ukraine” in the description). Money given to this will be used for relief efforts on the ground as well as their work in planting churches in Europe. More information about giving can be found at redeemerchurch.nl/give.
There are three ways in which we would love help:
- Finding bargains and good deals for purchasing goods in bulk, or if you have a good network for obtaining certain items on the list – we would love to hear from you!
- Sorting through the donated items and packing the vans on Thursday 21 April – let us know if you are available.
- The next trip to Krakow is from Friday 22 April to Sunday 24 April, and we’d love volunteers for driving the vans with the donations – let us know if you are available.
Goods that are needed:
- Hygiene products (shampoo, soap, shower gel, toothpaste and toothbrushes, shaving razors and gel, wet wipes, toilet paper, deodorant, sanitary towels, hairbrushes, face cream, hand cream, cotton buds, cotton wool)
- Nappies/diapers (all sizes: adults, children, toddlers and babies)
- Toilet paper
- Medication & first aid tools (pain relief, vitamins, first aid kits, plasters, bandages, blood pressure monitor, thermometer, antivirals, antibiotics, sudocrem, cough syrup)
- Food (canned food, soup, non-perishable food, pasta, rice, bulgar/buck wheat, instant noodles, jams, sugar, powdered milk, sunflower oil, flour, tea, coffee)
- Baby food in jars and infant formula milk
- Slippers and warm socks (men, women and children)
- Power banks
- Flashlights (powered by battery) and batteries
If you have moving boxes, we would be so grateful if you are able to donate these to help us when packing the donated goods.
You can bring the items to the Nieuwe Kerk at church on Sunday mornings.
Make a card
Bring some joy and encouragement to the children of Ukraine by making a card/drawing for them. A great way to remind them that Jesus knows and loves them! Bring this to the church with any items you are donating and your card will be driven to Ukraine and given out to the children there. Please ensure that all goods and cards are brought to church on Sunday morning, ready for the packing of the van on 21 April!
Below are videos and blog posts with updates from across Newfrontiers about what is happening in response to the crisis in Ukraine.
Here is a video showing the resource centre in Krakow where our donations will go to:
For more update videos, you can visit: vimeo.com/newfrontiers
These can be found on the NewFrontiers website: newfrontierstogether.org/words