Redeemer Stories: Meet Ann & Carla (Our new Redeemer Board Members)
Name: Ann Twene
Favourite Bible verse: Proverbs 22:6 ‘Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.’
Name: Carla Hesseling
Nationality: South African (trying to become more Dutch)
Favourite hobby: cycling and swimming
- What is your new role on the board of Redeemer International Church The Hague?
Ann: Human Resources
Carla: I’ve taken over the role of Treasurer.
- What are you looking forward to in the next season with Redeemer?
Ann: For spiritual revival in The Hague and beyond.
Carla: I’m looking forward in the next season to seeing God bring more people, including those we would love to know Jesus, and finding restoration and healing in knowing him. I’m also looking forward to God moving us into new mission in more locations in the Netherlands in multiple languages.
- What have you learned about God and who He is in this past year-plus of the COVID pandemic?
Ann: Trusting God every day and leaning not on my own understanding
Carla: In last year personally I’ve learnt how God always has a better plan than we do and I’ve learnt partly (still learning) to wait on Him.
- Do you have any stories of God answering prayer or breaking through in situations that you’d like to share?
Ann: Recently, my elderly mother had some test at the hospital and they found that she had a kidney abnormality. My mother is a devout Christian and we prayed together about this and she said she wasn’t worried because God is in full control. When she went back after a week for another test the doctor said he was puzzled as to why the abnormality had completely disappeared.
- What are you thankful for?
Ann: My daughter giving her life to Jesus, I’m proud of her!
Carla: I’m so thankful for God’s provision beyond our understanding.